DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS OF 28 FEB 2019 | DAILY GK UPDATE |
Current Affairs Sections plays an important role to score more in competitive exams. Maximum questions are based on current affairs. So, you need to prepare well this section to get more score. Today, we are started Daily Current affairs to help you.
Daily Current Affairs for 28 Feb 2019.
- India ranked 47th in the “Inclusive Internet Index 2019” which is prepared by “Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) for Facebook. Sweeden topped the index whereas Singapore ranked 2nd and the USA ranked 3rd.
Facebook HQ – California, US
Facebook CEO – Mark Zuckerberg
- PM Narendra Modi conferred the National youth parliament festival 2019 awards at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi. The winners from the national level competition are :
- i) 1st position – Shweta Umre from Maharashtra
- ii) 2nd position – Anjanakshi M S from Karnataka
iii) 3rd position – Mamta Kumari from Bihar
3.IDBI bank has appointed Hemant Bhargava as non executive, non whole time chairman. Currently he is the Chairman and Managing Director of Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC).
IDBI HQ- Mumbai
IDBI Bank CEO & MD – Rakesh Sharma
- National Science Day is celebrated across India on February 28. famous Indian scientist Sir CV Raman discovered the Raman effect on this day in 1928. Sir was awarded the Nobel prize in Physics in 1930.
Theme – Science for people and people for science
5.The 16th edition of BioAsia 2019 was conducted in Hyderabad, Telangana inaugurated by Governor of Telangana ESL Narasimhan.
Theme – Life sciences 4.0 – Disrupt the Disruption
Telangana CM – K. Chandrashekar rao
Telangana Capital – Hyderabad
6.Mukesh Ambani with a net worth of $54 billion has broken into the global top 10 richest billionaire list compiled by Hurun Research. Ambani is the only Asian among the top 10.
7.The Central Zone Power Distribution company (CZPDC) Bhopal and West Zone Power Distribution company (WZPDC) Indore were conferred with the “Saubhagya Award” under PM sahaj bijli har ghar yojana at National Conference of Energy Ministers by the Union Minister of state for energy R. K. Singh.
- Reserve Bank of India and Bank of Japan have signed a Bilateral Swap Arrangement (BSA) . The BSA provides for India to access 75 Billion US$.
RBI HQ – Mumbai
RBI Governor – Shaktikant Das
9.Smiriti Irani, Union textile minister inaugurated the Titanwala Museum that showcases the hand block printing of the Chhipa community.
10.West Bengal Education minister Partha Chatterjee inaugurated a web portal, Banglar Shiksha, which is set to provide real time data on state run and aided school.
CM of West Bengal – Mamta Benarjee